How to setup your ArmzReach Alert
- Remove the Alert FOB and Alert Band from the box
- Charge the Alert FOB using a 5v 500-1000mA charger with a Micro-USB cable (charger and cable NOT included) e.g. use any phone charger with a Micro-USB cable
- Remove the battery protective strip from the backside of Alert Band
- Place the Alert FOB and the Alert Band close together
- Turn on the Alert FOB using the switch on the side of the FOB
- switch in the fully up position = OFF
- switch in the middle position = ON/buzz only
- switch in the fully down position = ON/buzz and beep
- Allow 5-15 seconds for the FOB and Band to pair and sync Note: pairing is successful with a short buzz/beep and all LEDs blink. A continuous blinking blue LED indicates the FOB and Band are communicating and within range of each other
- Place the band on your pistol grip with the ArmsReach logo pointed out and flat on the pistol grip opposite your shooting hand. Adjust the band for optimal hand grip position.
- Using the Alert FOB belt clip, wear the FOB on your belt as close as possible to your firearm’s grip with the Alert Band
- Carry with Peace-of-Mind and go do what you do!
***WARNING*** Never add, remove, or position the Alert Band on a loaded firearm. Always use safe firearms precautions when handling your pistol.
|NO LEDs||FOB OFF or FOB needs charge|
|BLINKING BLUE||paired and in-range – you are good to go!|
|BLINKING RED/multiple buzz||out-of-range – go get your gun!|
|ALL LEDs BLINK ONCE/short buzz||Paired/synced – success!|
|SOLID RED||FOB battery low – charge your FOB|
|BLINKING BLUE/RED||charging – when plugged-in for charging|
|SOLID BLUE||FOB fully charged – when plugged-in for charging|
|SOLID YELLOW||Band battery low (replace the 2032 battery in the band)|
|CONTINUOUS BLINKING RED/buzz every 30min||Stash Mode (remember to retrieve your gun!)|
- switch in the fully UP position = OFF
- switch in the MIDDLE position = ON/buzz only (no audio alert)
- switch in the fully DOWN position = ON/buzz and beep
- KEEP DRY – FOB and band have electronics that can be damaged by moisture
- KEEP CHARGED – Extremely low battery levels can lead to false signals / loss of function
- USE MICRO-USB TO CHARGE the FOB – 5v 500-1000mA charger with a Micro-USB cable
(charger and cable NOT included) e.g. use any compatible phone charger with a Micro-USB cable
- USE 2032 Button Battery in the BAND – we recommend using Energizer 2032 battery for best performance
- ALWAYS wear the Alert FOB as close as possible to the Alert Band – this will guarantee the best performance and signal strength between the FOB and the Band. Put the FOB on your belt right next to your gun handle.
NOTE: Dense objects that might come between the FOB and the BAND can reduce signal strength and cause false alerts
- Operate in STASH MODE by simply stashing your gun in a safe place and walk away – your FOB will alert you of the initial separation from your gun and then alert you again every 30 minutes until you retrieve your gun and reestablish the connection between the FOB and the BAND (blinking blue LED).
- You can use your ArmzReach Alert at HOME – put your gun with the Alert Band in a safe place at home and leave the connected Alert FOB somewhere nearby in audio alert mode (FOB switch in fully down position). If the gun with the band is moved away from the FOB for any reason, the FOB will provide an audio alert to notify you the gun has moved out-of-range from the FOB